mercredi 1 avril 2020

Story: Marga, José and Hans strike back against Patty's lies in her biography


The latest issue of Story magazine features an article about ex-Luv' singers Marga Scheide and José Hoebee as well as their Pygmalion Hans van Hemert who replied to Patty Brard's negative comments on them.

Last week, as the SBS6 diva celebrated her 65th birthday, the tell-all book entitled "Patty: de negen levens van Patty Brard" came out (see news posted on March 25th, 2020). A chapter of the biography deals with Patty's opinion about her former Luv' colleagues. 

Marga and José first reacted to Patty's attacks on RTL 4's infotainment program RTL Boulevard (see news posted on March 28th, 2020). This week, they decided to strike back against Patty's lies in Story.

In the book written by Michel van Egmond and Antoinnette Scheulderman, La Brard told: "I was not allowed to do anything because of the others. That's why there were tensions within the group. The fact that I was asked to audition for Paul Verhoeven's movie Spetters generated problems. They counted the number of times I was on the cover of magazines. They said I was too much in the spotlight". Here's how Patty criticized the other Luv' ladies: "Marga and José act as if they were the same stars of 1978...Meanwhile, Marga trademarked the group's name behind our back. She thought she was our boss. She was a manipulative aunty and was always busy with manoeuvres".

Marga doesn't agree with Patty's description. "I've read the passages about me in the book. I think they're wrong. If she had something to say, she never said it to my face. She is frustrated and there's nothing I can do about it. If she couldn't stand Luv'...why did she take part in three comebacks? When she says that I trademarked Luv's name behind her back, it's not true. I did it nine years after her departure from the group. In 1980, she suddenly left Holland to go to America. José and I bought her shares for a half-million guilders. Therefore she was not allowed to receive royalties from our recordings. I trademarked the group's name later, in 1989. Maybe because of the mind-altering substances she took, she doesn't remember these details so well. It's not surprising that she is not on good terms with a lot of people, including her family. Patty is not fair. She says that she is a good person. Actually, she's not. Why does she need a lawyer to see her mother?" the blonde Luv' lady explains. 

Click on the images to enlarge them:






Record producer Hans van Hemert (who launched Luv' in 1976) also expresses his point of view on his former protégée. According to Patty, the Maestro wanted a part of Luv's fees. The larger than life Indo-Dutch entertainer said that when they performed on stage, he was chilling with a glass of whisky at home. "One day I insisted on the fact that I wanted to have a part of the royalties from a DVD. This video only generated 33 euros. I never wanted money from their performances. Of course, I wanted to earn something from the records. Does Patty think that Luv's music comes out of the blue? I wrote the songs. Patty cost me a lot of money. The record company wanted to give an advance of 2.5 million guilders for three albums. I was supposed to receive 50% of this amount and the three girls the other 50%. But Patty followed Carlo Nasi to Los Angeles. She left the group and the deal was broken. She calls me Hans van Hebberd (Greedy Hans in Dutch) but because of her, I lost a lot of money. It's true that the two of us had an affair but it was not important. We both agree on that," Hans asserts.


José is also very disappointed in La Brard. The TV personality told the authors of her biography: "Marga was vocally the worse. José agreed on that too and she preferred to sing with me. José suffered from the situation". Here's what José affirms: "This is nonsense. Patty is a liar. I never told her that Marga could not sing well. It's not true. I don't know why she said it. I was the one who was the most experienced as a vocalist before the group was launched. We never talked about who sang the best, the worse or the least. Hans van Hemert and Piet Souer were the ones who decided with whom I could sing. I had no right to choose. Marga doesn't deserve this criticism. She's been one of my best friends for more than twenty years...All the people who know us, know the truth. Patty's story is wrong. Marga's childish and high voice was important to the Luv' sound. Patty and I had our own voice. The mix of these voices created a perfect harmony...I don't want to talk too much about this book because it's a way to promote it. It's a shame that once again Patty is negative about Luv'. It's a pity that Luv' had to stop because of my illness". 







Source: Story, Facebook (Official Luv')

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire