lundi 11 janvier 2021

José Hoebee in Weekend: Looking for new opportunities in 2021!!!

The latest issue of Weekend magazine features an article about José Hoebee. The singer has been sick for nearly one year and a half. Her ill health caused the interruption of Luv's activities (see news posted on February 7th, 2020). Several articles related to her bad shape have been published in the tabloid press. 

However, the former Luv' singer remains positive. "The new year makes me happy. A new beginning with new opportunities. I want a healthier year. Hopefully, it will happen in 2021. It will be so nice when we go to cafes and restaurants again and the coronavirus is over. Everybody gets bored now. Fortunately, I like to watch movies. I've frequently met friends in the neighbourhood. I walk a couple of times a week in the woods with my dog and a dear friend of mine. I enjoy my life in North Brabant. I don't want to go back to Hilversum. This is where I lost my best friend. I knew him from Best since I was 15 years old. He lived in the same building and he died several years ago. I have no reason to go back to the Gooi," José tells. 

The recent reissue of Herinnering (José's album with Bonnie St. Claire including ABBA songs in Dutch) is also mentioned in this article. This initiative was possible due to a crowdfunding campaign launched by Franklin van Liempt. José misses Bonnie. "I haven't talked to her for a while. Why I'm not in touch with her at the moment? You have to ask Bonnie. She is still one of my best friends. I spent so many nice moments with her. I miss her calls and Whatsapp messages," she explains. 

José doesn't exclude the possibility of performing with Bonnie again. "Never say never. Now it's not possible due to the coronavirus. We also stopped our live shows with Luv' last year. We could have continued but Marga and I are 66," she says. As for Bonnie, José considers things differently. "It's another music genre. When I sang with Luv', our costumes were important. We often wore petticoats. But I think that we can't go on like that eternally. Marga agrees with me. We are in touch daily. She is my best friend. We've been through a lot of things for 43 years," José adds. 

Three songs from Herinnering entered the Dutch charts: Cassandra, Zoals Vrienden Doen and Waarom. Ron Brandsteder wrote the lyrics of Waarom and also contributed to the recording of this song as a narrator. "He has a warm voice. He knew how to write good lyrics and he was very popular at the time. So it was a win-win situation for us. When Ron was married to Patty Brard who was part of Luv', he attended our shows. He often made me laugh. I also performed the duet So Long Marianne with him. He always protected me. He made sure that men couldn't approach me. He was like a big brother to me, "José asserts.

Click on the images to enlarge them:



Source: Weekend, José Hoebee's Fan Page (Facebook)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire