lundi 21 janvier 2019

2019: a year in the sign of Luv'!!!

Photo by David Hay Gibson during Luv's latest photo shoot with Govert de Roos in his studio

Earlier this month, the Luv' ladies took their fans and the media by surprise when they announced Chimène van Oosterhout's recruitment (see news posted on January 4th, 2019). This unexpected news caused a sensation in the Netherlands.

The three singers are ready for new adventures. They appear in the latest issues of two Dutch celebrity gossip magazines.

In Story, Marga Scheide told how Chimène was chosen. 

"The decision about the line-up change wasn't surprising. José and I noticed that Ria didn't like what she was doing. She felt that she was under pressure. That's why José and I organized a lunch to talk about the situation. Ria said that she didn't want to go on. There was a big problem because if we could not find a replacement for Ria, we would be obliged to cancel live performances. I immediately thought that Chimène van Oosterhout would be the perfect candidate to replace her. I've known her for 15 years. We met in Ibiza. Every time I saw her, we clicked. We had serious conversations...I became a widow all of a sudden when my partner Jacques died of a heart attack. After this drama, I thought I could never recover from the death of my loved one. But Chimène was there for me. Her comfort really helped me. I knew she worked on TV but I didn't know she was also a psychologist," Marga told Story.

"Chimène used to be a fan of Luv'. She knew all our songs by heart. We even sang them on the beach. Chimène is an inspiring woman who is very positive. After Ria told us that she wanted to leave the group, I rapidly got in touch with her. Then we met and we started to rehearse at home," Marga added.

Chimène was very honored when she was asked to become a member of Holland's greatest girl group. "I started my career as a TV host on TROS channel. I wanted to start a practice as a psychologist. But I was so busy with many TV projects that I had to postpone this project. I didn't know that Marga would call me before New Year's Eve. I am a single mom and I have a 16-year-old son," Chimène explained.

Luv' in Story (Interview by Door Guido den Aantrekker. Photos by Edwin Smulders & David Hay Gibson) - Scans by Official Luv' fan page on Facebook





The latest issue of Party magazine features an interview with Chimène. Luv's new member said that she loved horse riding and that her horse Felliway was her biggest passion. 



On January 18th, the trio and their tour manager David Hay Gibson had a business talk in Den Bosch, the Netherlands with Brigitte Vis at Jan Vis booking agency (in charge of their live performances in the Netherlands). Marga's partner Michiel Gunning was present as well.



Brigitte Vis & Luv'

Luv' with Michiel Gunning, Brigitte Vis and David Hay Gibson


In recent messages posted on social media, José Hoebee and Chimène van Oosterhout were very enthusiastic about the teamwork.

Moreover, Luv' are present on Instagram and have recently launched a YouTube channel. These social media include exclusive material (photos and videos) provided by Luv's tour manager David Hay Gibson

Click here to go to the Official Luv's fan page on Instagram


Click here to go to Luv's YouTube channel


Last but not least: new songs might be released this year. But it's too soon to announce something concrete. 


Source: Luv' on social media (Facebook/Official Luv', YouTube, Instagram), Chimène and José's Facebook pages, Story, Party...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire