vendredi 4 janvier 2019

Breaking News: Chimène van Oosterhout becomes a member of Luv'!!!

Luv' anno 2019: Chimène, José and Marga - Photo by Govert de Roos

Today's edition of Dutch most popular newspaper "De Telegraaf" features great news in its "Privé" section. A very nice photograph by Govert de Roos illustrates the article.





Marga Scheide and José Hoebee are proud to introduce their new Luv' colleague: Dutch media personality Chimène van Oosterhout who replaces Ria Thielsch.




A new chapter in Luv's career starts today with the recruitment of this new and glamorous member of Holland's greatest girl group!!!

Three years ago, Luv' made their comeback (see news posted on March 16th, 2016). The line-up consisted of Marga, José and Ria (who already took the place of Patty Brard in 1980). The pop trio toured the nostalgia circuit in the Netherlands and Flanders (Belgium) until late 2018. The ladies even celebrated the 40th-anniversary of Luv' in the summer of 2017 (see news posted on July 9th, 2017). 

"Luv' is about music. There are still bookings for live shows and something great is about to happen. I can't wait to announce it but first, we have to sign contracts. Ria won't be part of it. In late 2018, we had lunch with her and we discussed in harmony. She decided to leave the group. Suddenly I thought about Chimène. I knew her from Ibiza. 15 years ago, after my partner Jacques Zwart died, she supported me and made me laugh again. We even sang Luv' songs on the beach. She knew all our tracks. She is a good singer! She took singing lessons for years and she knows how to perform on stage," Marga tells De Telegraaf.

"I was surprised when Marga called me. It's amazing when you're asked to be part of Luv'. It didn't take me long to accept this offer. When I was a kid, we used to impersonate Luv' with classmates. I bought all the Luv' singles with my pocket money. We sang the songs with our hairdryers in front of the mirror. I pretended I was Patty. Now we have to rehearse the dance routines. I have to learn the lyrics but it's going to be all right before I take the plunge. The hand movements on Waldolala and Trojan Horse are good, I master them! It's unbelievable what happens to me: I'm going to do something I dreamt of as a little girl," Chimène explains.

The new Luv' lady also appreciates José. "Both of us are from North Brabant and we clicked immediately. I think Marga and José are two nice girls. I'm looking forward to working with them. It's crazy to think that it all started with a couple of songs on the beach. Marga was not the only one to be sad at the time. I had just become a single mother. I start the new year joyfully," Chimène adds.

In 2004, she appeared on Patty Brard's reality show "Patty's Fort" with Marga. Six years ago, she won the final of SBS 6 ski jumping competition "Vliegende Hollanders: Sterren van de Schans" (including La Brard in the jury - see news posted on March 10th, 2013).


Chimène: winner of Vliegende Hollanders (2013)

As for Ria, it's the end of her adventures with Luv'. "The motivation was gone. In 2016, I accepted to sing with the ladies and I wanted to have fun with them for a couple of years. And we succeeded but then I noticed later that before performances I just couldn’t take the stress. The change in the management didn't improve the situation. So I preferred to quit in a friendly way. I'm 67 years old and I don't have debts. So I don't need Luv' to make a living. We laughed a lot and we enjoyed good moments. That's how I want to think back to it. It was the right time to stop. I wish Chimène as much pleasure as I had," Ria says.


Ria Thielsch

Click here to read the article posted on Telegraaf.nl

Moreover, other Dutch news websites have covered this great news:
  • AD.nl: click here to read it.
  • RTL Boulevard: click here to read it.
  • Nu.nl: click here to read it. 
  • Lindanieuws.nl: click here to read it.

Former Luv' singer Patty Brard reacted to this special announcement. "This is really nice for them. They didn't discuss Chimène's recruitment with me and they didn't have to do it," the diva told RTL Boulevard. Her Luv' years feel like a distant memory. "It was a long time ago and now it's over," she added. However, she wished her ex-colleagues all the best: "I wish them lots of shows and lots of fun!".

Source: Privé/Telegraaf, Official Luv', AD, RTL Boulevard, NU.nl, Lindanieuws...  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire