vendredi 30 septembre 2016

José meets Jesus Christ Superstar!!!!


Today's edition of De Telegraaf (Holland's most read newspaper) features a beautiful article about José Hoebee in its "Privé" section. Yesterday, Luv's lead singer met Ted Neeley (best known for his performance as Jesus Christ in the film "Jesus Christ Superstar" based on the Andrew Lloyd Webber/Tim Rice rock opera of the same name in 1973).


Ted Neeley with Yvonne Elliman in "Jesus Christ Superstar" (1973).


Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say) from "Jesus Christ Superstar" performed by Ted Neeley (1973)

"Privé" arranged a meet'n greet with Ted Neeley and Dutch fans (including José) in the Telegraaf buiding in Amsterdam. It was a dream come true for the Luv' lady. "I've been waiting for this moment for more than 40 years," the songstress said.

A new production of "Jesus Christ Superstar" (starring Ted Neeley) will tour the Netherlands in December and January. It explains the presence of the American entertainer in Holland.

José asked Ted many questions. One of them was: "You look very good. Have you been on a diet your whole life? What's your secret?'. His answer was: "I do everything in moderation. My wife Leeyan Granger (who appeared in the film "Jesus Christ Superstar") taught me some ballet exercises!".


Ted has been playing the role of Jesus 5000 times. José wondered if it was not a routine. "No, I'm not bored with it. It always feels like the first time anytime I play the role. It also has to do with the people. They give me energy and send me positives vibes. It's a spiritual experience when I'm on stage. Some come to me as if I was the real Jesus. They ask me to bless their children. Then I say: "I'm just a rock'n roll drummer from Texas with an extremely wide vocal range and I've been very lucky," he explained. 

"Others like when I touch their hands. I think it's fine. I've always liked physical contact. My mother called me "Teddy Bear"! I enjoy my chats with people after the performance. Eye contact is also important to me," he added.



Info about the musical: http://jesuschristmusical.eu/

Source: De Telegraaf/Privé

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire