jeudi 19 août 2021

Marga Scheide discussing Luv' biopic project in Weekend magazine: "I want Chantal Janzen to portray me!"

The latest issue of Weekend magazine features an interview with Marga Scheide. Earlier this month, the former Luv' singer already discussed a Luv' biopic project developed by Frederik Nelck in Privé magazine and De Telegraaf

Read the news posted on August 3rd, 2021: All About LUV' (past, present, future and more): Luv's plans for the future: a biopic and new remixes! (luvgirlgroup.blogspot.com)

"First, I'm waiting for the conclusions of professional people. The preparations for the movie will take a long time. When everything's ready and decided, I'll be able to speak my mind. I hope it will deal with our success story," Marga told Weekend

"I don't know if I get control over it. I'm not actively busy with it. But I remember how it all started. It's a nice story: three lovely girls who started a group and became rapidly internationally famous. Many strange things happened to us, including three limousines waiting for us wherever we were or private jets to travel the world. You can't imagine how many weird and unexpected things happened to us. I can't name a particular highlight as our lives were like a movie," she added.

When asked which actress could portray her, Marga answered: "Haha, I haven't thought about it yet. Jennifer Aniston is an outstanding actress. I like the way she plays. But she is not young. Actresses should be young as we were in our 20s when we started our careers. I don't know if it will be a Dutch or international production. We were successful abroad, so I can imagine that this project has international potential. Chantal Janzen (a famous Dutch entertainer) would also be good to portray me. Everybody loves her. She's so natural. I like her acting when she's on TV. It would be great if she was cast, but I have no influence on that". 

Marga mentioned José Hoebee in her interview and explained she was also honoured and appreciated this project too. José's health has not improved for almost two years. 

She also talked about her former Luv' colleague Patty Brard: "She declared on many occasions that she had nothing to do with Luv' anymore. It's OK. I respect that. I don't know if the filmmakers called her. It would not surprise me if they didn't call her after everything she said about Luv'. However, they call José". 

Marga reacted to Patty's remarks. The SBS6 diva said that "Marga and José were stuck in a Luv' time warp", whereas she continued her career in the Dutch media successfully without the group. "I'm not stuck in a Luv' time warp. José and I also carried on. I have to be honest about it: I didn't get any worse, haha. Who cares about what I'm doing? As long as I'm busy," Marga asserted

Here's what Miss Scheide said about Hans van Hemert: "It's good news for him because the songs he wrote for Luv' will be used in the film". She also mentioned Van Hemert's Luv' musical project: "I've no idea. I read about it in the paper. It was strange. It would be great if there was a musical. It would be an honour too." 

Click on the images to enlarge them:



It's not the first time that there is interest in filming Luv' story. The ladies planned to star in their own TV series in 1980. But this project didn't materialize after Patty Brard left Luv'


Hitkrant - June 26th, 1980

The Dolly Dots, Luv's biggest rivals, took over this idea. TROS broadcast six episodes of the Dolly Dots series between August 30th and October 10th, 1983. They also appeared in their own movie "Dutch Treat", which premiered in 1987. The film was a flop.

In 1981, the message of a Luv' fan called Els v.d. Werf, who dreamt of a film about the trio, was published in Dutch teen magazine Hitkrant.

Photo courtesy of Marco Rens and Martin Vink:


Source: Weekend, Marco Rens, Facebook (Official Luv' and Martin Vink)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire