samedi 28 août 2021

Luv', Marga Scheide & José Hoebee: latest news

Photo edited by Co Rnz

Luv' on "Het beste van...de jaren 80"

On August 4th, AVROTROS/NPO 3 broadcast the third episode of "Het beste van...de jaren 80", which drew 294.000 viewers. This TV show featured several Dutch celebrities who told their memories of the 1980s illustrated with excerpts from music videos of this decade. 

One part of the program dealt with Dutch girl groups from this era. It included a clip from Luv's hit "One More Little Kissy" (originally broadcast on July 4th, 1980, as part of the NCRV special "This Is True Luv'"). 


Radio DJ Erik de Zwart said: "The 1980s was the decade of girl groups. Female groups from abroad were also successful at the time".

Eric de Zwart

Radio DJ Giel Beelen explained: "Luv's secret is that Hans van Hemert wrote good songs for them. His idea was to choose three kinds of girls for everybody".

Giel Beelen

Singer Karin Bloemen told: "It's so wonderful that these girls had such an amazing success. They were three lovely girls". 

Karin Bloemen

Other female pop groups were also mentioned: Dolly Dots, Star Sisters, Babe and Frizzle Sizzle.

Click here to watch episode 3 of "Het beste van...de jaren 80". 

Source: AVROTROS/NPO3, SKO, Mediacourant, Martin Vink

Marga Scheide in Story

Last week's issue of Story magazine features a photo collage related to Marga Scheide's metamorphosis between 1978 and 2021.


Source: Marga Scheide's fan page (Facebook), Marco Rens

Marga Scheide celebrating the 50th birthday of Dyon Hagenaars and the wedding anniversary of Ger Valkenburg and Dyon

On August 14th and 15th, Marga Scheide and friends took part in the celebrations of Dyon Hagenaars' 50th birthday and the 2.5th wedding anniversary of Ger Valkenburg and Dyon in Ibiza. Ger and Dyon own DC Models and have been Luv's allies in the recent years. Marga and Ger even gave an impromptu performance of Luv's signature song "You're the Greatest Lover". Click here to watch it.

Marga & Dyon

José Hoebee in Privé

The latest issue of Privé magazine features an article about José Hoebee hoping for a reunion with Bonnie St Claire. In the 1980s, the ladies formed a successful duo that covered ABBA songs in Dutch. Earlier this month, José already told Story magazine that she and Bonnie had not been on speaking terms for years. 

Read the article posted on August 3rd, 2021: All About LUV' (past, present, future and more): José Hoebee in Story: "The ball's in Bonnie's court now!" (luvgirlgroup.blogspot.com)

Nothing has changed to this day. José is still waiting for a meeting with Bonnie. "I can't explain why we lost contact. I don't know what happened and why Bonnie is angry at me. I've tried to solve the problem so many times in different ways. But she hasn't reacted yet. I tried to call her husband Anne-Jan and her managers, but it didn't help. A couple of months ago, I heard that she wanted to get in touch with me. But after the publication of her biography and her promotion work, she was supposed to call me earlier this month. I'm patient. There's nothing more I can do," José says. 

Moreover, the ex-Luv' singer mentions Dutch actress Eva van de Wijdeven who has the same maiden name as hers and who has an uncanny resemblance to her. "I wonder if actress Eva van de Wijdeven is part of my family. Van de Wijdeven is not a common name. Maybe Eva wonders the same. She probably knows that I have the same last name. Maybe she doesn't know it as I always used the names of my husbands. I first used the name of Marteen Andreoli, with whom I was married from 1974 to 1980. Then I used the name of Will Hoebee, who died in 2012. I really want to know if Eva's family. If it was the case, would she be in touch with me? It's not that important, but it would be so nice," José adds. 

Click on the image to enlarge it:


Source: Privé, José Hoebee's Fan Page (Facebook), Marco Rens

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire