samedi 19 juin 2021

Patty Brard back on Shownieuws after a one-month hiatus / Patricia Paay not jealous of her ex-rival


On June 17th, Patty Brard was back on SBS6's entertainment news program "Shownieuws" at 9.50 pm after a one-month hiatus due to her mother's death.

Read the article about Patty's mother passing posted on June 1st, 2021: All About LUV' (past, present, future and more): Patty's farewell to her mother (luvgirlgroup.blogspot.com)

Shownieuws only drew 178.000 viewers (market share: 2.5%) due to the fact that at the same time NPO 1 broadcast the football match "Netherlands Vs Austria" as part of the UEFA European Football Championship5.547.000 viewers (market share: 79.9%) watched the Netherlands 2-0 victory over Austria.

Here's how anchorwoman Annemarie Brüning announced Patty Brard's return on Thursday evening: "But first on my side… My right side, but for the viewers on the left: she's back, Patty! Welcome back!".


Patty Brard & Annemarie Brüning 

"I am fine. I just lost my mother and everyone knows that by now. I was allowed to take care of her for a long time and the road to the end was quite tough. Dementia is something you hope no one has to deal with because it gets worse and worse and you know there's no way back," Patty said. 

The diva announced that she would be involved in the Dutch Alzheimer's Foundation. "Dementia affects 30% of women. It's still difficult to take care of that and little research is being done to find a medicine," she asserted. 

The former Luv' singer gave the viewers one piece of advice: “I want to tell people one thing: as long as you still have your parents or anyone else, enjoy every moment with them so you'll have beautiful memories. We tried to give my mother one year and a half of happiness before she passed away". 

Later in this Shownieuws broadcast, Patty, as a showbiz expert, discussed several issues related to national and international entertainment as well as celebrity gossips. One of the subjects was Marco Borsato dating his ex-wife Leontine again. According to La Brard, it could have been different as Leontine was dating other men after her breakup with Marco.

Yesterday evening, Patty was again present on Shownieuws that attracted 181.000 viewers (market share: 3.6%)

Moreover, fellow diva Patricia Paay recently mentioned Patty in Weekend magazine. 


There was a time when La Paay appeared regularly on the small screen on the jury of talent shows. "A long time ago, I worked on RTL Boulevard with Beau van Erven Dorens. It was nice sometimes, but I'm not career-oriented," Patricia told. When asked if she was jealous of Patty, she answered: "Are you crazy? She is also much younger than me. I think she is a very hard worker. I always tell her: "I respect you so much!" because of her incredible energy. We get along very well and we support each other". Here's what Patty's ex-rival said about her future on television: "It's not up to me. It has got to do with TV executives and the fact that there are good programs. I am often invited. I like game shows. They can keep calling me for them, I love these panel games". Patricia is not interested in a permanent and exclusive TV contract. "If I sign such a deal with a TV network, I have to accept everything. Maybe I won't have time for that because now I want to focus on my skincare line (La Paay Cosmetics)," the 72-year-old entertainer explained. 

Source: SBS6, SKO, Mediacourant.nl, LINDA.nl, Superguide, Weekend, Instagram

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire