vendredi 23 avril 2021

Patty Brard on "Beau"

On April 19th, Patty Brard appeared on "Beau", RTL 4's talk show (hosted by Beau van Erven Dorens) that drew 996.000 viewers (market share: 24.1%). The program even reached #8 on SKO's Dag Top 25 (the daily list of the 25 most popular TV shows conceived by Dutch audience measurement company Stichting KijkOnderzoek). 

Prior to her interview, excerpts from significant moments of her TV career were broadcast. 

The SBS6 diva reacted to photos related to important chapters of her life.

Luv'

"An important start. The ladies of Luv'. José was a good singer, there was a blonde Miss and a naughty Indo girl. Three different colours. A successful trio. It was our best export product at the time," Miss Brard told. Beau read an excerpt about Luv' published last year in Patty's memoirs. This fragment was about the group's live shows in creepy provincial locations in the early days. "This is where our career started. All of a sudden we were number-one in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France and South America and we had to perform cheap gigs in weird and small venues in the Netherlands. We were disappointed because these shows were planned before our breakthrough. We toured this circuit for one year and then we had our first hit. We couldn't believe it. Shortly afterwards, we experienced a real roller coaster that was fatal to us," the Shownieuws star explained.

Ralph Inbar (Bananasplit - Patty's TV debut in 1983)



"Ralph Inbar was the king of the Candid Camera. He auditioned me among 300 applicants and I became the co-host of his TV show," Patty said. When asked if Ralph was one of his lovers, the ex-Luv' singer answered: 'No, he was not a lover but he wished he could be one".

Pippo Baudo (Sanremo Festival in 1985)


"I was recruited to co-host the Sanremo Festival in Italian and I liked it. 200 million viewers watched it live on TV. It was broadcast in Italy and everywhere in South America. It was a stressful job for seven days. I had to introduce the English-speaking guests (including Duran Duran and Frankie Goes To Hollywood). I had to interview them in English and I had to translate immediately in Italian," Patty told. When asked how she was chosen to present this unique prime-time show, the Prima Donna answered: "I lived in Los Angeles at the time. I had a friend who was a famous Italian songwriter. He was big in the media and he said I had to audition for the show. I was chosen among 200 Italian girls".

The auction after the bankruptcy (1994)

"I owned a magazine at the time and I went bankrupt. I had to sell everything. It's a cruel moment. People walked through my house on a Wednesday. These people were bidding for everything (my daughter's drawings, my gold records...), " the former Luv' lady said. 

Fat Patty vs Thin Patty


"I tried to overcome this situation. Three years ago as I was overweight I underwent a gastric bypass. I haven't drunk a drop of alcohol for three years. Everybody should take care of their bodies. Recently I saw Arie (Boomsma) who said everybody should work out more. Indeed, I advise everyone to exercise more, eat well and take good care of themselves,Patty told. 

Patty with her mother and her daughter

"My mum is 91. I get emotional anytime I see her. I visit her twice or three times a week at a retirement home. I massage her and I feed her. My daughter was there too for this photo. My mother really enjoyed that moment. We haven't seen each other for years due to family issues," she declared. 

Then La Brard promoted her latest panther print collection at Kruidvat (see news posted on April 17th, 2021). "According to me, panther-print is a colour. If you combine it with the good things, it's a nice detail. It's my third collection and it's successful. One day someone told me that a person in charge of Coca Cola advertisements said that if you see the Coca Cola logo everywhere you own the brand. I try to do the same: every time you see Patty in panther-print it's great," the larger than life TV personality asserted. 

Moreover, the multitalented celebrity also mentioned her own brand of alcohol-free sparkling wine "Bruud 0% by Patty Brard" in association with wijnvoordeel.nl

At the end of the interview, a video of the diva and her daughter Priscilla promoting her panther-print collection at an animal shelter in Amsterdam was shown. "Because I could not organize a normal launch party for my Kruidvat collection, my daughter ask me: "why don't you do use your products to clean the kennels?". It was a nice way to launch my new line and I was able to have a look at her life. I'm so proud of her," Patty explained. 


Click here to watch an excerpt from Beau's interview with Patty and here to watch it entirely (it starts at 53:13). 

Source: RTL 4, SKO, Mediacourant.nl

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire