dimanche 18 avril 2021

Marga, José & Chimène: Latest News


Earlier this week, the former Luv' singers, Marga Scheide, José Hoebee and Chimène van Oosterhout (part of the group's 2019 line-up) were separately in the news.

Marga Scheide meets Rutger van Barneveld

On April 14th, Dutch singer Rutger van Barneveld visited Marga Scheide. Rutger took part twice in 2014 and in 2020 in SBS6's reality show Ik Geloog In Mij that focused on seven Dutch folk singers who tried to be in the spotlight. His latest single entitled "Helena 2.0", was released by Hit It! Music (Casper Janssen's label that reissued Luv's album "All You Need Is Luv'" recently on digital platforms). Helena 2.0 came out on February 12th and entered the RadioNL Top 30 (a weekly chart that lists the 30 most popular Dutch-speaking songs). The track now peaks at #5 on this hit parade.

Information: Rutger van Barneveld | Zanger & Entertainer


Source: Facebook (Rutger van Barneveld, Official Luv')

José reveals her musical guilty pleasure on Zet'm OB!

Photo by Co Rnz

Yesterday, José Hoebee gave a phone interview on the radio show "Zet 'm OB" on Omroep Brabant. She answered Ronny Balk's questions. The interview started with excerpts from Bonnie & José's album Herinnering (including Zoals Vrienden Doen, Herinnering and Cassandra) due to its recent reissue on CD/DVD. But the interview was more about José's taste in music when she was a teenager. Click here to listen to the interview. 

Here's a translation in English: 

Ronny: Does ABBA still play a role in your musical career?

José: ABBA is good. Everybody loves ABBA. The songs were fantastic. Our versions in Dutch (including lyrics written by Benny Neyman) were good. Recently, I've been told that after we covered ABBA tracks, many Dutch artists also covered our songs(see article published on April 17th, 2021). And that's very nice. 

Ronny: People say ABBA's music is timeless. Do you think people will still listen to it in 30 years?

José: Absolutely! We still listen to The Beatles' songs nowadays.

Ronny: Yes but there'll be a time when new generations say "ABBA? I've never heard of them".

José: Yes but what I notice in my entourage, there are young people who are still interested in music from this era. They want to listen to real songs instead of the current musical productions. 

Ronny: OK let's talk about something else. How did your teenager's bedroom look like? Did you hang posters of bands on the wall or did it look like a boring little girl's room? 

José: When I was 12, I started with The Beatles like a lot of youngsters back then. I also had a picture of Paul Mc Cartney that I kissed every night when I went to bed and that I put under my pillow. When I got older, at age 14, I started to listen to other singers my friends never heard of: Leonard Cohen and Carol King. At that time, I was more interested in their lyrics. My friends didn't understand them. 

Ronny: Did you have posters of Leonard Cohen and Carol King?

José: No but I had posters of The Beatles. Later I listened to songs by Creedence Clearwater Revival and I still appreciate them. 

Ronny: How did it feel when you were in the spotlight and you were part of a girl group whose posters were hanging on the wall of bedrooms?

José: It was fantastic! My father said when I was 10: "José should be an artist, that's all she can be!". I'm happy because I succeeded.

Ronny: Imagine we have a look at your musical archives. On Sunday afternoon, José wants to play a song or she is in a car and wants to enjoy music. Let's talk about your guilty pleasure. 

José: Actually I was a nice girl. I was shy. But I grew up during the hippie era. I wore hippie clothes. I wanted to be tough. I watched the movie "Easy Rider" starring Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson. I watched the film ten times in the movie theater. People turned around and told me: "Hey! Let them sing!" Because I sang along to all the songs. I knew all of them by heart. At the time I had a boyfriend who had a Harley Davidson. I was more interested in the Harley Davidson than in him. I loved this sense of freedom. I wish I could be the same. Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf is my guilty pleasure. 

Source: Omroep Brabant, José Hoebee's Fan Page (Facebook)

Chimène van Oosterhout's special photo shoot

On April 14th, Chimène van Oosterhout had a special photo shoot. The media personality (who recently revealed her breast cancer (see news posted on March 2nd, 2021) described on Instagram and Facebook this session as an "intense moment" due to her current health situation. Photographer Sandra Zeilstra and make-up artist Jacky Visser supervised the shoot. Chimène's followers reacted very positively to these pictures. The courageous lady was very satisfied with this positive feedback. 






Source: Chimène van Oosterhout on social media

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire