dimanche 18 octobre 2020

Piv Huvluv & Marga Scheide: a walk down memory lane!!!


On October 15th, Marga Scheide appeared as a guest artist during Piv Huvluv's performance as part of his Vinylvreter tour through Flanders (Belgium). The show took place at the Bruges Royal City Theatre (Stadsschouwburg Brugge) built in 1869. The sober yet majestic neo-Renaissance facade of this royal theatre conceals a palatial foyer and an equally magnificent red and gold auditorium. 


Stage of the Bruges Royal City Theatre before the show


Piv Huvluv's show combines music and comedy. The Flemish entertainer is fond of vinyl records. During his performance he presents his favourite LPs to the audience and jokes about them.  His eclectic collection includes David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Harry Bellafonte as well as other iconic singers and bands from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Among his music idols were the Luv' ladies. That's why he asked Marga Scheide to join him on some dates and the blonde singer kindly accepted his offer. Piv and Marga sang pop classics including Luv' tracks (Trojan Horse, Casanova...). Between two songs, funny anectodes were told. 

The October 16th edition of Nieuws WTV (TV news on the Flemish channel Focus-WTV) featured an item about Piv Huvluv & Marga's nostalgic show. Click here to watch it. 

"I sent Marga an email and I got a positive reaction. We met in Antwerp and I told her my plans and how I wanted to stage the show," Piv Huvluv told. 


"I've never done such a thing before. I thought it was worth trying. When he told me how he wanted to organize things, I immediately appreciated his ideas," Marga explained. When asked if Luv' was not too passé, Piv Huvluv answered: "Some people younger than me didn't know Luv's name but when they heard their songs, they instantly recognized them". Marga added: "I had a fantastic time with Luv'. We eventually extended this period to 44 years. Actually we have never stopped. I really like to appear in this kind of show". 


Moreover, the latest issue of Dutch celebrity gossip magazine Privé featured a short article about Marga's guest performance:



Source: Facebook (Piv Huvluv, Official Luv'), Focus-WTV, Privé...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire