mercredi 3 juin 2020

The ex-Luv' ladies this week in the Dutch tabloid press

Though Luv' officially stopped their activities early this year due to José Hoebee's mysterious illness (see news posted on February 7th, 2020), the ex-members of the group appear this week in the Dutch tabloid press. 

* Marga Scheide in Story: her life in Luv' songs

The latest issue of Story magazine features an article about Marga who took part in all the line-ups of Luv'. The blonde singer discusses her life (including love, sorrow and the end of Luv') in songs. Click here to read an online excerpt from Story

Ooh, Yes I Do

"We reached our peak with this song not only in Europe but also in Mexico. In Mexico, we did a TV special and our record executive Bart van der Laar (who was later murdered) made sure we flew by Concorde to go there...There was a lot of luxury going on, we were young and we didn't realize how special it was...I never said "I Do". I never wanted to marry...although some men proposed marriage to me: Jacques (who died in 2003), my current partner Michiel and another friend (I don't want to mention his name). But I always answered "No". Even John de Mol (with whom I lived for a while) talked about marriage but it didn't happen," Marga says.

You're the Greatest Lover:

I met a man in his late 20s and I was in love. But it was not easy with him at first. One day he asked me if I wanted to attend a Formula 1 race with him in Zandvoort. I was happy to follow him but I didn't know if he appreciated me. Then we saw a little plane flying above the circuit with an advertisement that said: "Congratulations Luv'. Greatest Lover Number One". Of course, I was impressed and he also liked it. It was our first date and it was a memorable moment. We had a two-year relationship," Marga explains.

U.O.Me:

"At first, we didn't have a number-one hit but we had more and more success. I remember one day I was cleaning my house and suddenly I heard this song on the radio and I thought: "hey, I know this track". It was a strange impression to listen to yourself on the radio. I am not a person who is usually ashamed. However, I have one regret. At the time we went to the Eastern block and a make-up artist was in charge of us. He was an older man with a limited number of cosmetic products. I brought my makeup bag with my own products. I wanted to give him my stuff but I didn't dare to do it. I was afraid he would have been embarrassed. To this day I regret that I didn't give him my makeup bag," Marga tells.

Welcome To My Party:

"I really liked this song because it was produced by my friend Jacques. It was very special to me. From then on we travelled a lot. My life has been a big party. I always try to have fun...I lost my friend and there had been more sad moments. But I always try to go on. I don't want to dig myself into a hole. It's not always easy but there are people who have more problems than me," Marga asserts. 


My Man:

"He's my current partner, Michiel Gunning. He means the world to me. After Jacques' death, I thought there would be no other man. It took a moment to be with Michiel. I wanted to be sure to have a relationship with him. Michiel separated three years before our first meeting. I didn't want to hurt him. I took my time and he finally gave time to be with him," Marga says.

Trojan Horse:

"I remember there was a party in the garden of our then manager and photos were taken. It was funny because my parents, my sister and brother were in this picture. But Michiel was also there. I didn't know him at the time. I didn't talk to him but he saw me. He remembered this photo and this party when we started our relationship," Marga adds. 

Billy The Kid:

"I always like to sing this song. It's such a nice track. As a kid, I was very kind. I was not a wild teenager. I didn't have big expectations. I never planned anything. I never wanted to have children. My love for freedom is so big and when you have children you have to give up certain things," Marga tells.

My Last Song:

"I haven't sung my last song yet. At the moment Luv' doesn't exist anymore. Last year in August we gave our last show due to José Hoebee's health problems. It was so sudden that we didn't officially say our farewells to our public. Will Luv' be performing with José again? I have no idea. Her health has not improved. I'm daily in touch with her. I hope that one day she'll tell me: 'It's over. I'm healthy again". Then we'll see what we'll do. I want to keep singing. That's what I am going to do. I'll go on tour through Belgium with Flemish entertainer PIV. I really want to do it," Marga asserts.






Editorial by Story's editor-in-chief Guido den Aantrekker

* Ria Thielsch in Weekend: her opinion on Chimène van Oosterhout

The latest issue of Weekend magazine features an article with Ria ThielschCurrently, she is so happy. Recently, she has become a grandmother again. "On May 12th, my sixth grandchild was born. She's my fifth granddaughter and I have a grandson. I haven't been able to see her because of the current situation so we use FaceTime instead. My son lives in North Brabant where the COVID-19 pandemic is severe. It's a difficult time now. Sometimes I see people but they always come to me. I'm not going to travel," Ria says. Here's what the former Luv' singer tells about her other grandchildren: "My daughter Peggy has three children: a 20-year-old son and two daughters who are respectively 19 and 9. My daughter lives in the neighbourhood but I don't see her at the moment. We often call and we write emails instead. My son's children (only daughters) are 4 and 2 years old plus a newborn baby".

When asked if she considers things differently due to the current situation, she answers: "Before I joined Luv' again, I was constantly busy with fashion. But now I say to myself: "I don't do it anymore. I'm not busy with the turmoil around me because I'm not interested in that".

"Fans keep on sending me messages about Luv'. That's how I found out that a third of the fans didn't follow the group after my departure. I also know the problems between Chimène van Oosterhout and Marga Scheide who goes solo. I read on the Luv' fansite that Chimène tried to justify herself after what she had said in interviews. This girl who is in her fifties knows exactly what she told," Ria explains.

Last month, Chimène gave an interview in Weekend to tell that she was surprised that Marga didn't inform her about a tour in Belgium. Instead, José and she only received an email as an explanation (see news posted on May 17th, 2020).

Last year, Ria told Weekend that she felt bitter about her departure from Luv' and that she understood Patty Brard (see news posted on December 6th, 2019). 

Here's what Ria says about Chimène now: "It's strange. Chimène only stayed 4 months in the group and she did as if she worked a lot for it. I don't understand it. I know her from the fashion world. I've heard from friends who know her better that she is the kind of person who likes to be in the spotlight. I'm not like her. I don't need this drama. I don't need these lies about the group anymore".

Here's Ria's opinion on Marga and José: "They often criticize Patty but she achieved more things than them. I don't want to discuss Marga's solo plans. Luv' is a finished chapter in my life. I don't want to talk about Luv's problems".

Click on the images to enlarge them:






* José Hoebee in Party: Will she bury the hatchet with her terminally ill sister?

In the latest issue of Party magazine, Marijke van de Wijdeven criticizes her famous sister, José Hoebee. The problems with the Van de Wijdeven sisters started years ago due to inheritance issues after the death of José's parents. The siblings split into two camps: José & Ingrid Vs Marijke & Yvonne. Marijke tells Party that she is terminally ill and Yvonne is also sick. José has reacted to Marijke's comments: "Marijke can get in touch with me directly. She doesn't need the media to do it".





* José Hoebee, Luv', Chimène van Oosterhout and Patty Brard in Behind The Stars (online magazine):

Click on the images to enlarge them:









Source: Story, Weekend, Party, Behind the Stars

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire