jeudi 30 avril 2020

Story magazine: Chimène fears for José!

Photo by Edwin Smulders

The latest issue of Story magazine features an article about Chimène van Oosterhout fearing for José Hoebee. Click here to read an excerpt on Story's website. 

The corona crisis has affected the world including the Dutch showbiz. Luv' stopped all their activities due to José Hoebee's ill health earlier this year (see news posted on February 7th, 2020). The sad news happened weeks before the Covid-19 pandemic caused chaos all over the globe. 

As a multi-talented media personality, Chimène has been impacted. "At the moment, I don't work. It's not easy financially. I have a buffer so I can hold out for a year. But then I'll have to use my retirement savings but that is not my intention," she says. Chimène was supposed to tour the nostalgia circuit through the Netherlands with Marga Scheide and José Hoebee. But due to the interruption of Luv' activities, it's not possible. "What a pity! The bookings for live shows kept rolling in. Sometimes we performed five or six times on weekends. During Ria Thielsch's time, Luv' performed one or two times per month. At least, you could rest with such a tempo. But during my time with Luv', it was not the case. I was always exhausted after our busy weekends. I'm ten years younger than José so I understand it was too much for her," Chimène tells Story.

Luv' fans hope that when José feels better, Luv' will start again. "I hope it too. That's why we asked Patricia Paay (see news posted on January 29th, 2020). She could have done it for a half year for example so José could take her time to rest. But José is getting worse and worse. Due to the corona crisis, she can't go to the hospital. However, it's not a life or death situation," Chimène explains. "Officially she suffers from burnout. But she also developed a tic. She sucks her lips and cheeks with her mouth. She does it the whole day long. As a consequence, her mouth goes wrong and she has difficulties to eat. She can only drink and only tolerates liquid food. Her problems started when we performed. She often told us: "I'm full, I can't eat!", Chimène adds. 

Ex-Luv' singer Patty Brard told in her recent biography that Chimène kept José upright and kept her going (see news posted on April 27th, 2020). "That's nonsense. I haven't read the book yet but this story is not true," Chimène says about Patty's rubbish. 

Click on the images to enlarge them:




Moreover, an item about Chimène and José's problems was broadcast yesterday on the entertainment news program "Sterrenstof" on Libelle TV (in association with Story). Click here to watch it.  

Source: Story, Libelle TV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire