Patty Brard will always be remembered as a former member of LUV' but the public also knows her as a TV personality. Thirty-five years ago exactly, on January 25th, 1983, the diva made her TV debut as a co-host of the Candid Camera-like show "Bananasplit" with Ralf Inbar on TROS/Nederland 1. The program was a huge success in Holland and Belgium and some episodes peaked at seven million viewers!!!
De Telegraaf - January 22nd, 1983
De Telegraaf - January 22nd, 1983 (part 2)
Leuwarder Courant - January 24th, 1983
De Telegraaf - April 26th, 1983
On February 7th, 8th and 9th 1985, Patty presented with Pippo Baudo the "Sanremo Music Festival" which attracted 15 to 20 million viewers on RAI Uno in Italy. At that time, she was married to Carlo Nasi (a Los Angeles-based music publisher and record producer as well as one of the heirs to the FIAT empire). Because of her connections with the influential Nasi-Agnelli family and the composer and lyricist Alberto Testa, Miss Brard (who was unknown in Italy) had the privilege to host this legendary music show. Her appearance on a high-rated TV program was part of the strategy to organize her breakthrough in Dante's country. The ex-Luv' lady did not achieve her goal. Shortly after the festival, she didn't build a career in Italy.
De Telegraaf - January 25th, 1985
Patty on her "Sanremo" experience on RTL 4's talk show "Linda's Zomerweek" (2014) including a short interview with Duran Duran.
In 1986 and 1987, she briefly hosted "Bingo", a music chart program on BRT in Belgium.
September 1989 saw her return on television with the hidden camera show "Gaan met die banaan" on the first commercial channel created in Holland: "RTL Veronique" (currently RTL 4).
Gaan met die banaan - RTL Veronique (RTL 4) in 1989 and 1990
After her bankruptcy in 1993, she appeared again on the small screen with programs in which she put celebrities and unknowns in the spotlight (Hart van de stad (RTL 4, 1994) Brard gaat extreem (RTL 5, 1994), Onder de B van Brard (RTL 5, 1995), Brard gaat extreem (Veronica, 1997–1998), Brard (Veronica, 1997–1998), Patty (Veronica, 1999), Patty gaat extreem (Veronica, 1999).
Interview with Sylvia Kristel on "Onder de K van Kristel" (1995, RTL 5) - Part 1
Onder de K van Kristel (1995, RTL 5) - Part 2
Patty's interview with Marilyn Manson (late 1998 - early 1999)
In early 2001, she interviewed VIPs in her house on "Absolutely Patty". Later that year, she hosted the third edition of "Big Brother" on Yorin.
"Absolutely Patty" (2001)
"Big Brother - The Battle" (2001)
From 2003 to 2006, she starred in a string of reality shows: "Patty's Posse" (which featured her privacy and drew 800.000 to 1 million viewers), "Patty's Fort" (unfairly known as the "Klysma show" because of a segment showing Miss Brard having an enema), "Pat's Life", "Lieve Patty" and "Back In Luv'" (which dealt with Luv's reunion).
Patty, René Muthert & Priscilla Nasi on "Patty's Posse" (2003)
Smile: theme from "Patty's Posse" (2003)
Lieve Patty: opening credit (2005)
Luv' and Bobby Farrell backstage at De Toppers concert on "Back in Luv" (2006)
Patty's funny performance on SBS 6 figure skating competition "Sterren Dansen Op Het Ijs" in January 2007 was a heavily covered media event and relaunched her TV career.
Patty on "Sterren Dansen Op Het Ijs" (2007)
After a 15-year partnership with RTL Nederland, Patty signed a contract with SBS and was involved in several shows:
* "Shownieuws" (an entertainment news program she co-hosted with Viktor Brand from February 2007 to May 2011).
Patty & Viktor on Shownieuws (2009)
* "De Nieuwe Uri Geller" (the Dutch version of the Israeli paranormal talent contest "The Successor" (which was high in the ratings in 2008-2009). She was a regular guest on the first season, co-hosted the second season with Tooske Ragas and the third edition with Beau van Erven Dorens. She was also part of a jury on the 2010 edition.
Hayashi's cucumber act with Patty (2008)* "Wie Ben Ik?": She was a team captain on this game show with Gerard Joling in 2008 and 2009.
Patty and Luv' take part in the act of Flemish mentalist Vincent - broadcast date: February 27th, 2009
Wie Ben Ik? - Luv' compete against De Toppers - broadcast date: September 20th, 2008
K2 Zoekt K3 (2009)
The jury of K2 Zoekt K3: Miguel Wiels, Axana Ceulemans, Patty Brard and Marc Forno
In April 2011, Sanoma and Talpa took over SBS Nederland. One month later, Patty's deal was not extended. In September and October 2001, the "enfant terrible of Dutch showbiz" appeared on RTL 4's reality show "Diva's draaien door" with Patricia Paay and Tatjana Simic.
Patricia, Patty & Tatjana on "Diva's Draaien Door" (2011)
La Brard's participation in SBS 6's celebrity diving competition "Sterren Springen op Zaterdag" caused a sensation in late August 2012 and put her in the limelight again. Her failed dive was used as a publicity stunt to promote "Celebrity Splash" (the international name of "Sterren Springen") and to sell the format to 25 TV networks around the world.
January 2013 saw Patty's comeback on "Shownieuws" as a showbiz expert. At that time, the diva worked as a freelance TV host for RTL 5 (on reality shows "Wie is de Reisleider?", "Echte Meisjes op de Prairie" and "Lust, Liefde Of Laten Lopen") and SBS 6 (on "Shownieuws" and as a judge on the ski jumping competition "Vliegende Hollanders: Sterren van de Schans").
From late August 2013 to late August 2017, Patty had an exclusive contract with SBS 6. In addition to the popular "Shownieuws", she scored a string of hits and flops on the channel:
- Show Vandaag (2013-2014) - infotainment program
- Bonje Met de Buren (2014–2016) - a reality show hosted with Jochem van Gelder to solve problems between neighbours
- Patty's Big Fat Ibiza Wedding (2014) - a reality show which showed the preparations for her wedding with Dutch architect Antoine van de Vijver
- Mindmasters Live (2015) - paranormal show featuring Uri Geller and Patty as a panellist
- Thuis op Zondag (2016) - Sunday talk show
- Met de Deur in Huis (2016) - comedy panel game show hosted by Kees Tol and Tineke Schouten with Patty as a panellist
- De Wereld Rond In 6 Stappen (on SBS 6's sister channel Net 5, 2016) - reality program about the theory of "six degrees of separation" with Bridget Maasland
- Mud Masters VIP (2016) - challenging obstacle course based on military training with celebrities
- SBS Sterren Surprise (2016) - a Christmas program featuring TV personalities who fulfilled the dreams of people
- Stem van Nederland (2017) - a political program related to the general elections in the Netherlands
on RTL 4, "Oh, Wat Een Jaar!" (hosted by Linda de Mol and broadcast on December 2nd, 2017 on RTL 4), "Celebrity City Trip" (with Dave Roelvink) broadcast on December 19th, 2017 on RTL 5 and "Vier Handen Op Eén Buik" that aired on January 23rd, 2018 on BNNVARA/NPO 3.
Earlier this month, the larger than life TV personality took part in the taping of "Tattoo Trippers" on Veronica (featuring celebrities who travel to a foreign country in order to be tattooed) and Linda de Mol's game show "Weet Ik Wel" on RTL 4.
Whether you like her or not, you have to admit the longevity of Patty Brard's TV career.