vendredi 8 janvier 2016

Patty's strange column about the Dolly Dots

Dolly Dots in the early 1980s

Patty Brard's latest column for Weekend Magazine deals with Dutch girl group "Dolly Dots" that will make a comeback with their guest performance at De Toppers show next May at the Amsterdam ArenA. Patty is happy with this reunion. But in addition to her compliments to the Dots, the diva can't help criticizing her ex-Luv' colleagues (in particular José Hoebee) and being negative about Luv' once again. She told she preferred to be a member of the Dots instead of Luv'

Here's a translation in English of a part of her text for the non-Dutch fans:

"I still remember that they (Dolly Dots) started as a counterpart of Luv' but with a rougher style and a more adult repertoire. I immediately became a fan of theirs and I've always been secretly jealous of their songs and their charisma. They were tough. My two colleagues (José and Marga) had nothing to do with the Dolly Dots. They tought that they neglected their appearances and that the songs of Luv' were more commercial. It's like comparing apples with pears. Anita (of the Dots) told me that she met José Hoebee recently. She said to her that Luv' were bigger than the Dolly Dots and flew by private jet everywhere. Well, what a statement! Luv' were bigger thus better and nicer. So who do you think you are? It's a bit childish. When Luv' and the Dots had to perform on the same TV show, I was the only one who met the Dots in the dressing room. I always giggled, specially because of Esther. I still do it! I have a backing track with a Luv' medley that I enjoy performing but I'm happier everytime I sing a Dolly Dots medley. The audience reacts as positively as during Luv's Greatest Lover. Sometimes I see beautiful pictures of the Dots on internet which bring back sweet memories. Of course they might have some problems but the Dots are the proof that girl power exists within a female pop group. I was part of the wrong band! Cause here they are: Anita, Esther, Angela, Sheel and Patty, each of them with their own career but on May 13th, 14th and 15th they'll be together in a sold-out Arena! I'll be in the front row during their concert cause secretly I've always wanted to be among these ladies!

Click here to read the entire column. 

Actually Miss Brard forgot to mention that last month José congratulated the Dolly Dots on their comeback on Facebook (see news posted on December 16th, 2015). In response to Patty's negative column, she wrote a message on Facebook that said: "I've had a good day....together with my friend Marga...It's so nice to still be friends after 40 years....and to be proud of our success...We've estranged from someone...with whom we did a lot together....Denial....".  She added a YouTube video of "Like Strangers" by The Everly Brothers whose lyrics are appropriate to this kind of situation. She also posted a picture of Marga and herself with this comment: "Friends forever"


2015 was a bad year for the relationship between Patty and her former colleagues due to the feud over Luv's book which was forbidden shortly after its release (see news posted on June 11th, 2015). 

Source: Weekend, Facebook

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire