mardi 2 juillet 2019

The Luv' ladies are not ready to retire!!!

Luv' latest news:

* The latest issue of Vrouw (a women's magazine, supplement to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaffeatures an interview with Luv' illustrated with beautiful and glamorous pictures. 

Make-up by Carmen Zomers and Linda Hoevenaar Clothing: Typical Jill. 

The ladies explain how Chimène van Oosterhout was recruited as a new Luv' singer. They discuss their public image in the 1970s and now. They insist that they don't intend to retire. "I don't consider Luv' as work. It's so nice to me. It's a hobby and I get paid for that," Marga Scheide says. "It's less hectic than in the past. Back in the day, I had a child waiting for me at home. Now my son is an adult so I have more time for myself," José Hoebee tells. "This is a new beginning for me. I'm so enthusiastic that Marga and José sometimes tell me: "Relax, otherwise you'll have a burnout," Chimène asserts. 

Marga also mentions Luv's recent project in Miami: "It all started a couple of years ago. One day a man living in America called me: "I want to work with you. You'll have to fly to Miami." I replied: "But why us? You should better ask younger women". But he thought that I was talking nonsense. This kind of discrimination due to our age only happens in the Netherlands according to him. In America, they respect mature singers who succeeded in the music industry. He told me: "You sold 7 million records. It really means something"...In interviews, we proudly talked about our plans. But our producer had personal issues in his family so the project was shelved. The press raised doubts about the release of our new single and thought we were bragging."

Source: Vrouw/De Telegraaf

* On June 28th, Luv' performed as part of the "Cassette Classics" festival at 9Zero in Deurne-Zeilberg, Netherlands. 


Photos by David Hay Gibson


Source: Official Luv' (Facebook)

* On June 30th, Luv's fan club meeting "Ibiza Style" took place at Quatre Bras, a café-restaurant in Best, Netherlands. The fans had the opportunity to meet Luv's new member: Chimène van Oosterhout. This event was supervised by Luv's tour manager David Hay Gibson and Anton van Stekelenborg-Poirters. On that occasion, the group revealed its long-awaited single entitled "With Him Tonight".


Photo by Ruud Cremers 

Photo by Leon Vosters

Source: Official Luv' (Facebook)

* Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf and Flemish daily Het Nieuwsblad have published articles about Luv's new track. 

Click here to read the article in De Telegraaf and here to read the item in Het Nieuwsblad.

Source: De Telegraaf, Het Nieuwsblad

* Recently, Dutch radio station Qmusic asked its listeners to vote for the 500 kitschiest pop tracks of all time. Luv' signature song "You're the Greatest Lover" has reached the 460th position.


Click here to see the complete list of "Top 500 van het Foute Uur".

Source: Hitsallertijden.nl, Qmusic

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire