samedi 22 juin 2019

Chimène on TinekeShow (NPO Radio 5): "I am happy to be part of Luv'!!!"

Tineke & Chimène


Earlier today, Chimène van Oosterhout was interviewed by Tineke de Nooij on her program "TinekeShow" on NPO Radio 5

Luv's new member explained how she became part of the girl group: "Marga called me in late December because Ria didn't want to perform with the ladies anymore. Life as an artist can be exhausting. Tonight at 11.00 pm we'll be performing in Hengevelde. Sometimes we have four performances at weekends. We are not 25 anymore...Ria wanted to stop. I knew Marga from Ibiza. I was surprised by her offer. It didn't take me long to accept it. I started to rehearse in early January. Everybody is happy with the current line-up of the group. We belong together".

"I knew Luv' songs as a teenager. I was a fan. I often impersonated Patty. But now it's different. I do it professionally. Our live shows consist of seven songs and a medley. At first, I went to Marga's home to rehearse the tracks and the dance routines," she said.

"Marga is in charge of the styling. She does it very well. She often says: "We have to look good on stage," Chimène added. 

"We are over 50. I really enjoy our performances with Marga and José. They have so much energy on stage. They are superwomen," she asserted.

Chimène also mentioned Luv's latest performance and the joy the ladies had: "Last Sunday we were at Café 't Bonte Paard in Laaren for the Haringparty. Friends and colleagues were among the audience. Some were dressed to the nines. These posh ladies and gentlemen were singing along to our "shanananana". It's wonderful to see the public reacting positively to our songs".

During the radio show, Luv's signature song "You're the Greatest Lover" was played.

"It's funny to know that at first Marga and José hated "Greatest Lover" when they knew it would be released as a single. So Hans van Hemert was right to put it out. It became Luv's biggest hit worldwide," Chimène told. 

Moreover, the Luv' singer talked about her solo projects (the development of a TV format and a book about narcissism) as well as her life as a single mother (she has a 16-year-old son named Lyam). 

Click here to listen to the interview.

Source: NPO Radio 5, Official Luv' (Facebook)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire