dimanche 17 février 2019

Luv' is in the air!!!!


The Luv' ladies have been once again in the spotlight this week. 

* Chimène van Oosterhout and Marga Scheide celebrated their birthdays. We wish them all the best!!! Currently, the ladies are on holidays: Marga in Ibiza and Chimène in Austria.

* The latest issue of VROUW Glossy features an article about Chimène illustrated by a beautiful picture of her.


Photo by @Feriettunc  / interview by @JillWaas 

* The latest issue of Party magazine features an interview with the three Luv' singers. This time the overall tone of this publication is less sensationalist than previous items. 


Chimène explains what brought her to Luv'. "I've always had singing ambitions. Due to my activities as a TV host, I put this plan on hold. I also wanted to be a psychologist so my studies in psychology were my priority. Then my relationship with the father of my son didn't happen the way it was supposed to be. So I had to find other ways to raise my child. I devoted lots of time to my activities on television. To be a singer, you have to rehearse, to take singing lessons and to audition a lot. Because of my child, my studies and my work, I didn't have time to be a vocalist. Last year, I left RTL 4. I was not totally satisfied there. That's why I made my farewells to many people in 2018. Then I had to chance to have a wonderful offer to be part of the group. The fact that Marga, José and I clicked so well was a good reason to say "yes" to Luv'. I really want to work with the girls," Chimène says.

José is very happy with the current situation. "The news about Chimène's recruitment is fantastic. Now everybody knows that Luv' is alive and kicking. Chimène is the new exotic member of the trio the way Patty used to be. I'm still the girl next door. So the three of us have a specific role," José tells. "Because of Chimène, I've noticed on Facebook that a lot of new people are interested in Luv'. She is a popular media personality in the Netherlands and many TV viewers know her. She is charismatic. It's crazy to know that there is a revival of interest in our group," José adds.

Marga is also very enthusiastic. "We were very surprised after we announced that Chimène was the new Luv' girl. It immediately attracted great attention. This good news led to new bookings for live shows," she explains. When asked if Marga wants to retire because of her age, the classy blonde lady answers: "No, I've never considered it. As long as I have fun, I will enjoy it. As long as the public is interested in what we do and we are still booked for performances, we still go on. Age is just a number. In my entourage, I don't know how old people are. I prefer to focus on personality and character rather than age."

* On February 14th, José attended the opening of the exhibition "Vinyl!" at the Philips Museum in Eindhoven, Netherlands. The exhibit can be visited from February 15th to July 15th, 2019. More info at https://philips.to/2TPBrGI

Even the notorious and respectable NOS Journaal (223.000 viewers/ market share: 32,7%) mentioned "Vinyl" in their 12.00-noon edition on February 15th. Click here to watch it (José can be seen very briefly at 12:25). The local media (Eindhovens Dagblad and Omroep Brabant) also covered this event. 




In addition to José, other friends and colleagues attended this event. Among them were Adriaan Bouman, Willem van der Velden, Willem van Schijndel and Clemens van Bracht (De Deurzakkers), Harry van Hoof, Ingrid de Groot (José's sister) and Alex Kostwinder.

Willem van der Velden and José

José & De Deurzakkers

Adriaan Bouman

Harry van Hoof & José

Alex Kostwinder & The Van den Wijdeven sisters (José and Ingrid)

Luv' enjoyed the most prosperous phase of their career when they were under contract to Philips/Phonogram records between 1977 and 1979. Thanks to their collaboration with this prestigious record label, the trio even won the 1979 Conamus Export Prize for "Best selling Dutch pop group abroad". 

Source: Facebook, NOS Journaal, Omroep Brabant, Eindhovens Dagblad...

* On February 12th, Chimène van Oosterhout attended the release party of the book entitled "Ultimate Booty Trainer" by Carlos Lens (the coach of Dutch stars) at the HealthCity and Escapade center in Amstelveen, Netherlands. This event was hosted by Fernando Halman. It was also associated with some "booty exercise". Among the celebrities who were present (in addition to Chimène) were Denise van Manen (OneFit), Chiel Harten (Outtv), TV presenter and author Sophia de BoerChristian Looman (Attachée), André Dongelmans (De Luizenmoeder) and Rolf Sanchez (Verliefd op Cuba).





 Fernando Halman and Carlos Lens

 Carlos Lens and Chimène van Oosterhout


Sophia de Boer, Christian Looman and Chimène van Oosterhout

Dutch newspaper Het Parool published an article about this party. Click here to read it. 
SBS 6's entertainment news program "Shownieuws" covered this event:


Source: Facebook, Het Parool, Shownieuws

* Yesterday, José Hoebee gave a phone interview on Paul Jansen's radio show on Nationaal FM. She discussed the ups and downs of her life and career as well as the current situation of the group.


Source: Facebook, Nationaal FM

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire